Saturday, February 1, 2014

February Currently with Farley

This a new venture for me in 2014.  I want to link up every month with Farley what's happening CURRENTLY in my little world.


Listening:  I am a big fan of crime dramas.  This Christmas I started watching from the beginning BONES and I am hooked.  I got caught up and now I am having to record them every Friday.  I got so used to watching back to back that waiting a week between episodes is killing me.  So to pass the time I am watching L&O SVU on Netflix to get caught up! 

Loving:  I am so proud of my baby boy.  He will be eighteen this month!  Where has the time gone!  He hadn't played baseball since 3rd grade so when he decided he wanted to play his senior year at his new school I was a bit skeptical.  However, my husband found a great coach for private lessons (he played for the CUBS...woo hoo) and when he stepped out on the field for practice and tryouts his coaches were SHOCKED.  They couldn't believe how much talent he had.  He made Varsity and although there are probably no scholarships out there this late in the game he is dreaming and praying for the opportunity to walk on somewhere!  We will see!!!

Thinking:  I really need to clean house.  I spend so much time between all my kids activities, school, and then TpT that WEEKENDS are my ONLY day to clean.  With baseball season starting...well there goes my Saturdays!  SO....

Wanting:  I need a maid!  End of story!  I need to buck it up and just hire someone to clean my house.  But I am so picky!  I am also a little weary of having someone in my space...I know..I know..get over it!  I feel like I would have to clean before she could come clean!

Needing:  I really need my hubby on board though.  He just thinks we need to spend more time during the week cleaning...UM WHEN?  I tried to convince him it was BIBLICAL that I have a maid.  Psalms 31 clearly states that she "brings a portion for her maid servant"...see...A Virtuous woman should have a maid...I'm trying girls..I am trying.

2 Truths and a FIB:  Ok..this one is going to be fun!  

True: I drink a RED BULL every morning!  Yep...have you seen my logo!  That is a RED BULL in my hand.  I am known for that Red Bull throughout WBT!  It's just how I keep the crazy energy I have in my classroom.

True:  I take a shower every morning and a bath every night.  Call me crazy...but I have to warm up my muscles in the morning and I HAVE to wash all the first grade cooties off at night!  I can not sleep if I don't take a hot...HOT...soaking bath!  

False:  I spend $300.00 at the salon each month!  MY HUSBAND WOULD KILL ME!  Well probably not but I definitely would lose the battle of hiring a maid if I was at the salon that much!  I get my hair cut every six weeks, my nails done once a month and during the summer I do pedicures at the salon...during the winter I do them at home!  SO on average...just the basics!  I like my spoiling time but I am not OBSESSED with it!  

Ok..thanks for joining me for this February Currently!  Be sure to jump on over and cheek out others who have linked up!  



14 comments :

  1. Love Bones! Such a fabulous show. I've watched from the beginning. SVU is also a great one to watch. Have you tried Hawaii 5-0? That's another good one. Oh and BBC's Sherlock!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions! Gonna have to check those out!

      Delete
  2. It is so funny how many of us said something about cleaning the house! :) I can't stand Red Bull, but I definitely need my coffee in the morning so I can understand. I was always the teacher walking through the hall with my kids...and a coffee cup in my hands!

    Krista Mahan
    Teaching Momster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee is my go to if I can't find a Red Bull! Gotta have my caffeine!

      Delete
  3. I have just gotten into Bones too. I need to go back and watch and start at the beginning. Congratulations to your son for making the varsity team. That is huge. When you figure out how to talk your husband into a maid let us know how you did it. I'd so love one.
    Barbara
    Fourth and Goal in Fourth Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went back on Netflix and watched it from the beginning! YOU MUST DO THIS! It makes everything make sense! :)

      Delete
  4. I've just found your blog through the linky and started following along! I was intrigued by your truths and fib section! I would love the energy buzz if I drank a red bull each morning! I completely understand you with your showers and baths- I'm even worse than that! We get up in the morning, shower, go to the gym, shower again after the gym before work, and then of course shower after work as well!

    People think we're insane for showering before the gym but 1. It wakes us up and 2. I HATE being in boxing classes or close to people when you can clearly smell what they ate for dinner last night leaking out of their pores hahah! So gross !

    I'm glad I found your blog I think you're going to be fun to follow!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on that one! I can't stand to feel icky!!!

      Delete
  5. Farrah...you are to precious! :) And really clean too! :) Ha! Ha! Ha! :) Girl...I wish I could get a maid myself...I've got so many projects going on...and cleaning is at the BOTTOM of that list! :) So glad that I've gotten to know you a bit thorough blogging...and your cute WBT videos with your littles! :) Thanks for always sharing the best of yourself with others!! :) I'm a better teacher for having had the opportunity to get a peek at what you do with your classroom!!! :)
    XOXO,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha - I can pretty much ONLY work now with SVU in the background. Not sure what that says about me...;) I just like working and SVU SO MUCH MORE than cleaning the house!! :D

    Blair
    One Lesson at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  7. You DO have to clean before the maid comes! That's what ovens and drawers are for. Just pile crap in there! But it's so worth it. I hate mopping the floor. Just having that done is a serious bonus for me! Now if only I had a personal chef.....XO
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That is so true! I want someone that will come clean up after my cluttered teenagers and all their smelly sports equipment! LOL!

      Delete
  8. OMG! I love Bones! It is the greatest! Do you watch Castle? It is a great show also. NCIS is also a good one:) I am not sure which I would rather have, the maid or the $300 a month to spend at the salon! That is a hard choice. Enjoyed your Currently!
    www.relaxwithagreatbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

09 10