Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Teacher Talk Tuesday--Let's Talk Task Cards

Hey there!  Welcome back for another edition of Teacher Talk Tuesday!

This week we are TALKING TASK CARDS!  Have you tried these bad boys in your class?  OMG I was absolutely blown away by Rachel Lynette last year when she shared several of her task card sets with me.  I...WAS...HOOKED!!!

Rachel has thought of it all!  Here we are in our small group math rotations working with her Double Digit Addition and Subtraction set.  This set is perfect for my high firsties and really forces them to think about a story problem.



Because this set is geared for 2nd-3rd graders I typically go through and pick the ones that I want each group to work on.  Talk about differentiation!  We use these as stations, as small group activities, as whole group activities!  THE WORKS!  WE LOVE THEM!  

Rachel has them for Math and ELA!  Here are a few of my favorites.  CONFESSION:  This is only a small sample of my stash!!!!










Well that about wraps up this edition of Teacher Talk Tuesday!  Want a FREEBIE?  Check out this little baby!



For the upcoming month...my firsties loved these last year! Can't wait to take pictures this year  and share! :)


Until next time!

Want to win a set of Rachel's Task Cards?  How about my OVER the Rainbow Stations?  One lucky winner will win!  Comment below for a chance to win!  I will pick a winner on Friday!  :)


8 comments:

  1. Oh I would absolutely love to win both of those! Sources are very limited in my school so I am constantly pulling from all different places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the task cards.! A wonderful resource for my Special Education classroom, allows for differentiation in small group work. Your over the rainbow stations look engaging and thorough. Thank you for creating and sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love task cards! Kids enjoy working with them and they are a fantastic way to do quick assessments. Thank you. chief9937@Yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to win these! They would be great to use in my 2nd grade class! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These would be great for my 2nd graders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love these! Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Defiantly would love to win!! I have been wanting to try them... The never-ending wish/to do list we teachers have :).

    Farrah could you give more information about the exercise balls in your room as far as how you introduce them at the start of the year, how/what your expectations are? We are slowly accumulating a class set (yeah!!) and I am finding them at times to be a "I'm not sure this is worth it kinda thing"

    Thank you!!
    Chelsea
    cloneal1973@gmail.com
    Kickin It Whole Brain In Texas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love! Thanks for sharing all these great ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete

09 10